LATINO FILM INSTITUTE ANNOUNCES EXTENSION OF YOUTH CINEMA PROJECT’S #YCPLiveReads THROUGH MAY 15, 2020
LEAD TALENT FROM BROKE, EAST LOS HIGH, ELENA OF AVALOR, LITTLE AMERICA, LOS ESPOOKYS, MAYANS MC, NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, NARCOS MEXICO, ON MY BLOCK, ONE DAY AT A TIME, QUEEN OF THE SOUTH, SELENA THE SERIES, THE CASAGRANDES, THE SINNER AND MORE TO READ FILM SCRIPTS WRITTEN BY PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS.
LOS ANGELES, CA Tuesday, April 21, 2020 – Academy Award®-nominated actor Edward James Olmos announced today that the Youth Cinema Project (YCP) has added additional shows and talent to their YCP Live Reads line-up. The live stream script reading sessions will continue through Friday, May 15, 2020 due to overwhelming participation from the Hollywood Latinx community.
YCP introduces elementary, middle, and high school students to the art of filmmaking and bridges the achievement and opportunity gaps by creating lifelong learners and the entertainment industry’s multicultural future. The program is implemented in public schools across California.
YCP Live Reads has added Mondays to their current schedule. Live virtual readings will take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 1pm PST through Friday, May 15, 2020 on the Youth Cinema Project website, and can be found on social media with the hashtag: #YCPLiveReads.
“The response and outpouring of support to the readings from both talent and the community has been tremendous,” said Edward James Olmos. “The kindness that we have seen is incredible, and we are thrilled that we can do this for our YCP students. We know how important storytelling and creativity are for them, especially during these extraordinary times, while they are dependent upon virtual classrooms and distance learning.”
Wednesday, April 22
• QUEEN OF THE SOUTH – Hemky Madera, Veronica Falcon, Idalia Valles, Alejandro Barrios, Alimi Ballard, and Vera Cherny.
Friday, April 24 – A double feature
• MULTI-SHOW MASH-UP EN ESPAÑOL – Cassandra Ciangherotti (LOS ESPOOKYS), Bernardo Velasco (LOS ESPOOKYS), Isabella Gomez (ONE DAY AT A TIME), Bruno Bichir (PARTY OF FIVE)
• NAPOLEON DYNAMITE/THE SINNER/RAMBO LAST BLOOD COLLAB – Efren Ramirez, Eddie Martinez and Fenessa Pineda.
Monday, April 27
• THE CASAGRANDES – Izabella Alvarez and Carlos Alazraqui.
Wednesday, April 29
• BROKE – Jaime Camil, Pauley Perrette, Natasha Leggero and Izzy Diaz.
Friday, May 1
• EAST LOS HIGH – Danielle Vega, Alicia Sixtos, Vannessa Vazquez, Andrea Sixtos, Tracy Perez, Jorge Diaz and Gilbert Saldivar.
Monday, May 4
• ON MY BLOCK – Jason Genao, Diego Tinoco, Jessica Marie Garcia, Julio Macias and Paula Garces.
Wednesday, May 6
• LITTLE AMERICA – John Ortiz, Jearnest Corchado, Melinna Bobadilla and Gustavo Gomez.
Friday, May 8
• ELENA OF AVALOR – Aimee Carrero, Jenna Ortega and Joseph Haro.
Monday, May 11
• SELENA THE SERIES – Christian Serratos, Gabriel Chavarria, Ricardo Chavira, Seidy Lopez and Noemi Gonzalez.
Wednesday, May 13
• MAYANS – JD Pardo, Emilio Rivera, Carla Baratta and Frankie Loyal.
Friday, May 15
• NARCOS MEXICO – Alejandro Edda, Fernanda Urrejola, Teresa Ruiz, Mayra Hermosillo, Andres Almeida, Jesse Garcia and Alberto Zeni.
Video from Edward James Olmos here.
About Latino Film Institute – The Latino Film Institute (LFI) showcases, strengthens, and celebrates the richness of Latino lives by providing a pipeline, platform and launching pad from our community into the entertainment industry.
About Youth Cinema Project – The Youth Cinema Project (YCP) is project-based learning that produces competent, resilient, and real-world problem-solvers and bridges the achievement and opportunity gaps by creating lifelong learners and the entertainment industry’s multicultural future.